After having estimated the points of interest, the places “to visit absolutely” and the times of transport, I defined my itinerary and Colombia route map of a little more than 3 weeks in Colombia which I detail below step by step.
3 week tour in Colombia – My itinerary
On this 3 week itinerary in Colombia, I was able to fit almost any place that interested me. But I had to eliminate the part “Amazon rainforest” because too complicated to organize logistically and especially because some places still seem very risky and dangerous … So, I preferred to stalemate on this part of Colombia to be able to enjoy more long of other regions and cities that I really want to discover.
Map of my 3 week tour in Colombia
Daily steps of my 3 weeks itinerary in Colombia (25 days)
- 1 ARRIVAL IN BOGOTA – Hotel Installation
- 2 BOGOTA City tour To begin, visit the historic center and Botero Museum in the morning. Then following the visit of the Candelaria before going to the mirador Monserrate .
- 3 BOGOTA – DESERT OF TATACOA – Transportation from Bogota to the Tatacoa Desert.
- 4 TATACOA DESERT – First hike very early in the morning to enjoy the desert before it gets too hot. Then, idleness etc …
- 5 DESERT OF TATACOA – ARMENIA – Transport of the desert from Tatacoa to Armenia in the coffee region
- 6 ARMENIA – SALENTO – Guest-house installation and discovery of places.
- 7 COFFEE REGION – SALENTO – Coffee Finca – Filandia
- 8 COFFEE REGION – Cocora Valley
- 9 SALENTO – MEDELLIN – Transportation by road from Salento to Medellin
- 10 MEDELLIN – EL PENOL – GUATAPE
- 11 MEDELLIN – Visit of the historic center and comuna 13 with French-speaking guide
- 12 MEDELLIN – SANTA MARTA – Flight + transfer + hotel installation
- 13 to 16 SANTA MARTA – TAYRONA PARK + CIENAGA GRANDE OF MAGDALENA
- 17 SANTA MARTA – MINCA REGION – Trekking in the mountains, along the rivers. Visit finca of coffee and cocoa, a house Kogui with explanations on the therapeutic uses of coca.
- 18 MINCA – hiking to the waterfalls
- 19 MINCA – CARTAGENA – Transportation by road to Cartagena
- 20 CARTAGENA – Excursions and visits (historical district + museums)
- 21 CARTAGENA OF INDIA
- 22 CARTAGENA – SAN BERNARDO / MUCURA
- 23 SAN BERNARDO / MUCURA ISLAND – Beach and relaxation
- 24 SAN BERNARDO / MUCURA ISLAND – Beach and relaxation
- 25 SAN BERNARDO – CARTHAGENE
- 26 CARTHAGENE AIRPORT DEPARTURE
And to continue, the preparation of this 3 weeks tour in Colombia now continues with the selection and booking of hotels: CHEAP HOTELS IN COLOMBIA
Concerning the practical organization of this trip, I invite you to discover my article: 3 weeks tour in Colombia – My trip planning
Or if you want to discover this day-to-day journey, start with: