Before choosing a 3 weeks Colombia tour, I studied the possilility of a 15-day tour to visit Colombia. So I also made the 2 weeks itinerary with map (see here below).
But, having one full month of vacation, I found it sad to limit myself to this 2 week tour. However, this 15 days itinerary allows to see the main sites of Colombia (Bogota, Tatacoa, Salento, Cocora Valley, Filandia, Medellin, El Penol, Guatape, Santa Marta, Tayrona Park, Minca y Cartagena) while leaving just 2 short weeks ! That’s why I share it below for those who will not have the chance to leave longer.
2 weeks Colombia tour – Itinerary map
2 weeks Colombia tour – Itinerary stages
- Day 1 – Arrival in Bogota and Airport transfer – Hotel
- Day 2 – BOGOTA Visit historical center of Bogota on foot
- Day 3 – BOGOTA to DESERT OF TATACOA (Transportation between Bogota and Neiva then Villavieja between 7 and 8 hours drive).
- Day 4 – DESERT OF TATACOA
- Day 5 – DESERT OF TATACOA to ARMENIA
- Day 6 – ARMENIA to SALENTO in the COFFEE REGION
- Day 7 – SALENTO – COCORA VALLEY (Visit of the Cocora valley, the village of Salento and Finlandia)
- Day 8 – SALENTO to MEDELLIN
- Day 9 – EL PENOL – GUATAPE – MEDELLIN
- Day 10 – MEDELLIN City tour
- Day 11 – MEDELLIN to SANTA MARTA
- Day 12 – TAYRONA PARK – SANTA MARTA
- Day 14 – SANTA MARTA to MINCA
- Day 15 – MINCA to CARTAGENA OF INDIA
This circuit is feasible because I could see similar on catalogs of several tour operators. But it will not be easy …
2 weeks Colombia tour – Cheap hotels
On the other hand, at the budget level, this 15-day itinerary is very interesting. Indeed, here is an estimate of the hotels post of this 2 weeks tour which represents about 209 € per person if you travel in couple.
Here is the article that will tell you more about the choices of hotels: CHEAP HOTELS IN COLOMBIA