Salento to Medellin route map
Trip Salento Medellin by car
We could have taken an Armenia Medelin flight but we prefer the car to see the landscapes scroll and change in front of our eyes from kilometers to kilometers. And again, we filled our eyes with wonderful images!
The road, which is rather good, crosses among others fields of pineapple and plantations of sugar cane. The trip will last 8 hours but we will not be bored!
Moreover, our friendly driver Alberto, will stop on the side of the road to offer us a whole pineapple for everyone to enjoy at 10:00 in the morning. It was a real treat, the real taste of the fruit explodes our taste buds.
And a few dozen kilometers away, it’s to buy panela that we stop again. With the sugar cane juice that cooks until you get a caramel, Colombians make “Panelas” breads. They then use it to make sweet products “dulces” (nougats, caramels, biscuits …) but especially for the local drink: el agua de panela. They mix a little of this panela with fresh water and add lemon and ice cubes.
Cheap Hotel in Medellin – Guest House Poblado Manila
What I liked about this Guest House
- Its geographical situation because it is located next to EL POBLADO district;
- The fact that it is an apartment because we stayed there for 3 nights and I was able to do laundry because it has a washing machine !!! ;
- The terrace with view on which we ate and we took all our breakfasts;
- The cleanliness of the rooms;
- Its price very interesting compared to hotels in the same area: 21 Euros per night.
What I didn’t like about this Guest House
- The fact that the common areas are very old and poorly maintained;
- The lack of crockery (the other occupants taking the bowls in their rooms …).
Parrot flight over Medellin (view from the hotel terrace)!
Follow my tour and discover the visit of the lakes of Penol and Guatape in the following article: